Saturday, June 03, 2006

...Till It's Gone

Returning to graduate school in Denver has been a rewarding experience, but it is difficult to realize what I have given up in the process. My old life consisted of rafting in my backyard several days a week, with usually a weekend float trip in Utah, or somewhere beautiful and relaxing. Winter in Durango comprised of 75+ days of snowboarding in the sun. My current week consists of riding public transportation every morning with miserable people who hate their lives, jobs, and probably their homelife. The 20 minute ride accompanied by my Ipod and crossword are the highlights of my workday, and I refuse to get sucked into the trap of cubicle dispair. I am not griping, only passing on the thought that it is important to make change and continue searching for knowledge, but never compromise the simple things in life that truly make us happy. Sometimes change makes us understand exactly what we need in life, and that has been the most educational lesson of my journey so far. All good things in all good time. Cheers.