Monday, June 19, 2006

Picassa Web Album

Well, I received my invite to Picasa Web Albums, and have given it a quick test-run. First, you must download Picasa 2 which quickly updates the older Picasa version. The layout is basically the same, with a little more flair, and a Web Album button that allows for uploading to your personal site. I uploaded 30 pictures at one time, and then 24 the next, and it was pretty easy (about 8 minutes). Slowed my computer a bit, but not bad. With Flickr, I can only email about 10 at a time, and they don't always take on the first try. Here are the test-run pix, or click the link on my right sidebar. While I have not thoroughly explored the features, it appears to be pretty basic and simple. Not nearly as sophisticated as Flickr or as many options, but the ease with Picasa, which I love, makes it just fine. I'm not leaving Flickr anytime soon, but I'll give it a whirl. I'm sure it will be available to all soon.