Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Basic Cable Blues

For all those who won't spring for premium cable, you understand my pain. We always miss the good shows, like the Sopranos, and then look like an idiot when we rent the DVD's and try and have a discussion about Season 1, five years later. While housesitting, I stumbled across the DVD of Entourage, yet another HBO hit, and I must say it was pretty entertaining. The writing is funny and witty, and has a great soundtrack. Jeremy Piven plays the sleezy agent, Ari, and he is pretty hilarious. While the show has plenty of cameos and jabs at the Hollywood scene, it is done in a clever way that really focuses on the down-to-earth boys from Queens. Because I'm two years behind, I'll make any amends to my review sometime in 2008 when the DVD goes to the $.99 rack at BlockBuster. Thanks again HBO for another great show that I'll hear great things about on Mondays.