Friday, June 23, 2006

South Beach Style

Because my full attention has been shifted to the struggling Yankees still hanging on despite an array of serious pitching and injury problems; I neglected to congratulate the Miami Heat for their championship the other night. Dwayne Wade is a stud, and even Shaq knows that he was riding on Wade's coat tails all year. Their series win over a tough Mavericks team was impressive, but does not hold a candle to their post-game celebration. When the Heat got off the plane in Miami early in the morning, Coach Riley noted that the team (around 15 or so) went through 22 bottles of Cristal on the flight alone. The picture on the left of Shaq and D Wade is in the lockerroom (pre-flight), and they already look wasted. How much booze do you think it takes Shaq to catch a buzz? He is feeling no pain here. Congrats to the Heat, and I want to congratulate myself as my prediction was right on the money for once. Sorry Mr. Cuban, I'm usually wrong.