Thursday, June 08, 2006

NBA Final(ly)...

Although a big hoops fan (more NCAA), I always think NBA and NHL go too long. It's hard for me to get into the NBA finals in June; with the exception of the Jordan era. However, this should be a great finals, and I do like the matchups this year. While I like Dirk and the Mavs, I do think Shaq and Dwayne are going to prove too tough, and win in 7. Don't worry Mavs' fans, my predictions are never right. What I did want to mention is Mark Cuban's blog, because I think this dude is nuts, eccentric, obnoxious, but I truly admire the Maverick's outspoken owner. Cuban is a billionaire who is always in the thick of things, and is never afraid to speak his mind, trash-talk, and he is the Maverick's number one fan. It's refreshing to see a guy with that much money acting like a little kid, and not the least bit worried about what anyone thinks about him. He truly cares about his team, and apparently goes overboard making his players stay in Dallas over the top. When I win powerball, I hope to have as much fun and be as carefree as Cuban. I only mention his blog, because how many billionaires take the time to write their thoughts on basketball and current affairs to the world? I think it's great that he seems like any other person just trying to have a good time in life.