Monday, July 17, 2006

More Little Things

From Lifehacker, I give you this incredibly simple and unmeaningful piece of computer advice that made me happy. Have you ever tried to find a program from the start menu and look at the mile long list of programs installed on your computer? Ever notice that they are not in alphabetical order and that if you are like me, I usually go up and down several times, thinking that the program disappeared much like my socks in the dryer? Well, while you are simplifying your life, start with the alphabetizing the program list on your start menu. Here's how:

    1. Hit the Start menu and click All programs at the bottom
    2. Move cursor over any program (Accessories, Itunes....)
    3. Right click (or Shift F10 for keyboard shortcut fans)
    4. Hit "Sort by Name" and all of your programs are now in alphabetical order
That's it. I know it's not too exciting, but you're lying if that doesn't give you just a little satisfaction.