Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Controversy in the Making

As my header conveys, I do my best to avoid the topic of politics (must be a bartender thing). Neil Young is one of my main musical influences, and he never ceases to amaze me. With his latest controversial album, 'Living with War,' Neil goes for the jugular of W., and the whole Iraq situation. This is the second album released by Neil in just a few months. 'Prairie Wind' was the album right before this, and it's classic Neil; acoustic ballads. 'War' is grungy and more in Crazy Horse style with blatent distaste for the political state of our country. Neil just never stops creating, and there is not a musical style that he hasn't explored, and he has never been afraid to express his thoughts through music. He'll be bashed and criticized for this album by many, but, Neil is truly a fearless musician. 60 years old and showing no signs of slowing down; impressive in my book.