Sunday, October 22, 2006

Got to Admit it's getting Better...

Well, after 3 failed attempts to install the new IE7 browser, it finally loaded! Wow, I actually expected it to take longer. Now comes the real fun; just how will it send my computer into chaos? Ok, enough cynicism for MS, and on to IE7. So far, it is a huge improvement from previous versions, with tabbed browsing, and a cleaner look. It does have a more fluid and powerful feel to it, that actually seems like it is not so cumbersome and boring as IE6. The new browser is heavily marketing the security features (refer back to chaos), and RSS feed capabilities (finally) and the ability to handle CSS and other website design tools automatically, that previously looked scrambled in IE. Bloggers will appreciate that. So far, I have to say IE7 is a vast improvement(mostly because they copied everything people liked about Firefox), and will make the 3 sites I have to view in IE much better. Otherwise, there is no chance I'll switch from the far superior Firefox. I almost feel sorry for MS for being so out of touch for what users want. My advice to Mr. Gates: Please research the Google, Mozilla, and Apple business models; make things that work all the time, and are enjoyable to use.